CASHEW BUTTER COOKIES
If you follow me on social media then you know that I take tremendous pleasure in taking classic dishes and re-creating them for the sake of my health, without sacrificing on flavour. These cashew butter cookies are free from most common allergens: soy, wheat, gluten, dairy, refined sugar, eggs and peanuts. They are unbelievably delicious, quick and easy to make. 15 minutes from start to finish.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined salt
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut nectar or (honey/maple syrup/medjool dates)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or Ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor place almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add the rest of ingredients and pulse until dough is formed.
- Place half a tablespoon of dough onto parchment paper and press slightly.
Bake for 8-9 minutes and cool completely.
Makes a baker’s dozen – 13