If you told me even a year ago I would gravitate towards turmeric and coconut, I would have said you’re off your rocker!! But, its amazing when you strip your taste buds of processed foods and start eating whole foods what starts to taste delicious. You’ll naturally begin to crave…yes, crave healthy foods.
This soup is super quick to make, ready in half hour, and the taste is nothing short of amazing, satisfying, rich, creamy, and super healthy. Filled with phytonutrients from broccoli and cauliflower (rich in vitamins, minerals and have a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system), healthy fats, immune boosting, and anti-inflammatory turmeric, and digestive healthy ginger.
Vegetable Soup – Thai Style
- 2 ½ cups frozen or fresh broccoli, and cauliflower
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cups homemade or store bought organic chicken broth (vegan’s and vegetarian’s substitute with vegetable broth)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ – 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 red Thai chili pepper
- Heat oil in medium saucepan, add onions and garlic. You just want to cook them long enough to sweat them not darken.
- Add all your vegetables along with chicken broth, coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, red Thai chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
To puree you can either use an Emerson blender or a regular blender, process until smooth and creamy.
Optional: Add a dollop of coconut cream for extra healthy fats and creaminess.